Protect Purdue > Campus Status
West Lafayette Campus Status
Details about the current state of operations for all on the West Lafayette campus.
Last updated Sept 17, 2021. Subject to change.
Campus building access
- Standard building access procedures in place.
Requirement for safe health practices, face masks
- Face masks are required for everyone indoors, regardless of vaccination status. Face masks are not required outdoors. Full face mask protocols.
- It is critically important that all students, faculty and staff monitor for and report any COVID-19-related symptoms to the Protect Purdue Health Center 24/7 by calling 765-496-INFO (4636) or toll-free at 833-571-1043.
- COVID-19 testing and vaccinations are available at no cost for all students, faculty and staff.
- Virtually all academic and classroom policies have returned to pre-COVID-19 standards for the fall semester, including regulations on class attendance.
- Read the latest on fall 2021 academic plans.
- Researchers continue on-campus operations in a manner that complies with COVID-19 safety criteria for research spaces.
- Latest work location guidance for the 2021-22 academic year.
- Travel guidelines for fall are available.
- Individuals returning from travel, especially those who are not vaccinated, are encouraged to get tested for COVID-19 upon return to West Lafayette following these instructions.
- Guidelines for on- and off-campus events this fall are available.
- Visitor guidelines for the fall semester are available.
- Visitors to campus should be sure to follow current face mask protocols and posted instructions.
- Visitors also must complete required safety training before coming to campus.
- Guidance and a checklist for short-term research-related visitors to on-campus facilities can be found here.