Faculty and Staff
Information for Faculty and Staff
It is critically important that all students, faculty and staff monitor for and report any COVID-19-related symptoms to the Protect Purdue Health Center by calling 765-496-INFO (4636) or toll-free at 833-571-1043.
What you need to know now:
- The annual influenza vaccination is required for faculty and staff in fall 2020; details on flu shot events and locations is available.
- Anyone entering a campus building must correctly wear a face mask in all hallways, public spaces and common areas as well as anytime social distancing of 6 feet is not possible. Guidance on the use of face shields is also available.
- Guidelines for eating and drinking on campus are in place.
- New remote work resources and procedures are in place, including two forms that must be completed by August 31.
- A process is in place to identify those who are most vulnerable to serious illness from COVID-19 and for making accommodations to provide a safe working environment.
- Those who work in research labs should continue to follow direction provided by the executive vice president for research and partnerships.
- Updated travel guidance is now available.
- In general, the University will host few visitors during the fall 2020 semester, with the exception of admissions programs and tours.
- Most university-sponsored on-campus events are canceled. Full guidelines for on- and off-campus events during the fall 2020 semester are now available.
- Watch: Recordings of the provost’s Protect Purdue Conversations.
- Even the most carefully laid out plans for fall have to be resilient. We know that we do not know everything about the COVID-19 virus, and we all must be ready to adapt and change as we learn more. This could include an interruption that requires a period of remote learning with little advanced notice.
- Concerned about a student? Contact the Office of the Dean of Students.
More information on:
Guidance on this page applies to all Purdue West Lafayette employees (including Purdue Extension and Polytechnic Statewide)