How will classroom and instructional capacity be de-densified? (Added May 26)
In order to mitigate risk in teaching environments, the reduction of student capacity in all scheduled teaching spaces will take place as follows:
- Reduce student occupant capacities in all classrooms and limit large classroom occupancy to no more than 150 students.
- In classrooms, maintain a safe distance between the instructor and the nearest student while teaching and provide a see-thru barrier between instructor and students.
- Establish additional classroom protocols including entry/exit; sanitation/cleaning; potential staggered or extended start times for classes.
- Provide additional barriers in instructional labs, where all students cannot face in the same direction.
- Require additional personal hygiene measures on common contact points for the more interactive teaching environments.
NOTE: All class participants (students and instructors) should be wearing face coverings/masks and should be encouraged to face the same direction as much as possible