Health tips from the CDC
There is currently no vaccine to prevent COVID-19. The best way to prevent illness is to avoid being exposed to this new strain of coronavirus. However, as a reminder, CDC always recommends everyday preventive actions to help prevent the spread of respiratory diseases, including:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom; before eating; and after blowing your nose, coughing or sneezing.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.
If you are at a higher risk for serious illness from COVID-19, please refer to these additional guidelines from the CDC.
This flyer from the CDC provides more information and can be printed and posted in your workspace.
You may also be interested in this COVID-19 self-checker from the CDC.