Protect Purdue Plan – Guided by Science
The health and safety decisions surrounding the Protect Purdue Plan to return to return to on-campus instruction are guided by a complementary set of individuals and experts who provide leadership and are deeply knowledgeable about medical science and public health.
This team comprises Purdue subject matter experts and a Medical Advisory Team of external medical experts in a variety of areas and disciplines, including infectious disease, epidemiology, clinical science, human and animal sciences, pharmacy, public safety and risk assessment, privacy and employee benefits. In addition, this team works closely with the Indiana State Department of Health and local health leaders for Tippecanoe County, IU Health-Arnett and Franciscan Health to ensure community-wide engagement.
- David Broecker, Protect Purdue implementation leader; chief innovation and collaboration officer, Purdue Research Foundation
- Eric Barker, dean, College of Pharmacy
- Marion Underwood, dean, College of Health and Human Sciences
- Willie Reed, dean, College of Veterinary Medicine
- Carol Shelby, senior director, Environmental, Health, and Public Safety
- Gail Walenga, director, Purdue University Student Health Service (PUSH)
- Candace Shaffer, senior director, Purdue Benefits
- Kenitra Hendrix, director, Animal Disease Diagnostic Laboratory
- Trent Klingerman, deputy general counsel and chief privacy officer
- Cherise Hall, associate vice provost for finance and administration