OFFER A RANGE OF INSTRUCTIONAL OPTIONS FOR STUDENTS AND FACULTY
Offer students robust on-campus, hybrid and online options for the Fall 2020 semester
To accommodate students who cannot or choose not to return to campus, Purdue has provided a fully online option.
- We recognize that, for a variety of reasons, not all students were able to be on campus this fall.
- Students were able to choose, fully informed of the details of the on-campus and online options, whether they want to take courses on campus or online in the fall.
- Online offerings include a subset of available undergraduate courses, selected intentionally based on past enrollment, broad use across majors and plans of study, and input from department heads and associate deans.
- Instructional designers and video teams are collaborating with faculty to create content and design these courses for ensuring the same content and learning opportunities as their on-campus counterparts.
- Online courses are tailored for the online environment, including high-quality video and audio, engaging activities, and opportunities for student-to-student interaction and connections between students and faculty.
Design courses using resilient pedagogy tenets to enable academic continuity of all students
We have redesigned courses to be more resilient in the face of disruption and uncertainty, while meeting our same high standards of rigor and excellence.
- Recognizing that there will be factors — predictable and unpredictable — outside of our control that will arise during the fall semester (such as a student or instructor needing to quarantine or isolate because of COVID-19 exposure), the Impact X+ program is helping faculty redesign their courses as resilient offerings that will be flexible for face-to-face and hybrid delivery.
- 400+ instructors took part in the project. Priority is being given to courses that have the highest enrollment, are taken by new beginners and are part of the core curriculum.
- Special focus is also being given to large-lecture, lab-intensive, experiential, writing-intensive, and project/team/design courses.