What to Do If You Are Sick
All faculty, staff and students are expected to monitor for and report all symptoms of COVID-19 to the Protect Purdue Health Center.
- If you are sick, experiencing any symptoms of COVID-19, or if you have been exposed to someone who has tested positive for COVID-19, stay home and do not attend work or class. If you are at work or in class when symptoms begin, you should go home immediately.
- Inform your supervisor (faculty or staff) or instructor (students) of your absence and contact the Protect Purdue Health Center 24/7 at 765-496-INFO (4636) or toll-free at 833-571-1043 by pressing “1.” (A call tree option is available after hours.) You will be connected with a registered nurse case manager, who will help determine the appropriate course of care, which could include self-quarantine and a COVID-19 test.
- Students, faculty and staff are expected to follow the directions provided by the case manager from the Protect Purdue Health Center, including any testing, contact tracing and quarantine or isolation instructions.
- Do not return to work or class until you receive clearance to do so from the Protect Purdue Health Center.
- Information and resources for anyone in isolation or quarantine are available from the Protect Purdue Health Center.