Responding to COVID-19: Purdue Research
It is critically important that all students, faculty and staff monitor for and report any COVID-19-related symptoms to the Protect Purdue Health Center by calling 765-496-INFO (4636) or toll-free at 833-571-1043.
What you need to know now:
Some links require that you log in to Microsoft with your Purdue career account and password to view
- Get vaccinated against COVID-19 to Protect Purdue.
- COVID-19 cleaning and disinfecting guidelines for laboratories and research spaces
- Guidelines for eating and drinking on campus
- New guidelines issued for use of face shields
- Process for securing COVID-19 essential supplies
- Guidelines for undergraduate research (July 22, 2020)
- Guidance for off-campus research activities in the U.S. (June 30, 2020)
- Guidance for enhanced PPE for close-up, person-to-person interactions in research (March 1, 2021)
- Research return to operations update (June 16, 2020)
- Research-related visitors to on-campus buildings or facilities guidance & checklist (March 1, 2021)
Current Research Operations (Updated: Feb. 19, 2021)
Thank you for your continued efforts to Protect Purdue and our research spaces. As a result of your diligence, we still only have one potential case of in-lab transmission of COVID-19. To ensure the safety of our community as we move through the spring semester and into the summer, we ask that points of contact continue to maintain and update Research Space COVID SOPs through our online portal, here. This includes adding or removing personnel and modifying layouts or procedures. In addition, you can and should create a new SOP for new research spaces, e.g., if your lab moves to another building, on the online portal.
We are building on lessons learned and working with the Protect Purdue leadership team to plan for the 2021 summer and fall semesters. We want our processes to be as effective and practical as possible and would appreciate your input as we look toward the future. Please provide any suggestions or concerns you have that are specific to the research enterprise to Michelle Dennis (email@example.com).