Information for Current Students
Required COVID-19 Testing for Students: All West Lafayette-bound students must be tested for COVID-19 before moving into residence halls and attending classes this August.
It is critically important that all students, faculty and staff monitor for and report any COVID-19-related symptoms to the Protect Purdue Health Center by calling 765-496-INFO (4636) or toll-free at 833-571-1043.
What you need to know now:
- New guidelines issued for use of face shields.
- August commencement will be on-demand; no in-person ceremony will be held.
- Fall courses will be held on campus, with most all courses in a hybrid in-class/online format. Fully online courses will be available for those students who cannot or choose not to return to campus fall 2020.
- An alternative academic calendar will be in place for fall 2020.
- Anyone entering a campus building must wear a face mask in all hallways, public spaces and common areas as well as anytime social distancing of 6 feet is not possible.
- The annual influenza vaccination will be required for students in fall 2020; more details on flu shot events and locations is now available.
- Classroom and living spaces will be de-densified to allow for safe social distancing.
- Even the most carefully laid out plans for fall have to be resilient. We know that we do not know everything about the COVID-19 virus, and we all must be ready to adapt and change as we learn more. This could include an interruption that requires a period of remote learning with little advanced notice.