Campus cleaning and disinfection practices ramp up
As Purdue prepares for the return to on-campus instruction this fall, more frequent and intensive disinfection practices will be implemented, with a focus on restrooms, classrooms and high touch areas.
Building Services will perform expanded disinfection operations, including:
- Touch point disinfection of campus 5x/week.
- Wide area disinfection of classrooms 5x/week.
- A day-time disinfection of high traffic restrooms in addition to the evening/night shift disinfecting to total 10x/week.
Priorities for Building Services staff will be as follows:
- Public safety/infrastructure protection (e.g. response to leaks and floods, snow removal at building entrances, etc.)
- Disinfecting critical areas
- Common area high touch points (e.g. door handles)
- Cleaning restrooms
- Cleaning classrooms
- Cleaning entrances and elevators
- Cleaning hallways and stairwells
- Cleaning offices, instructional laboratories and/or computer laboratories, and conference areas
Additional information on these and other developments in Purdue’s plan to return to on-campus instruction this fall will be available on the Protect Purdue website as they are available.