End-of-semester guidance: Surveillance testing, pre-departure testing and other important information
Updated December 7, 2021
As the fall semester wraps up, Purdue University is committed to helping students return home safely and offers the following end-of-semester guidance for all Boilermakers:
- There will be no surveillance testing the week of Thanksgiving, Nov. 22-28; surveillance testing will resume Nov. 29.
- Surveillance testing for the fall semester will conclude for students on Dec. 12 and for employees Dec. 19.
- Anyone wishing to be tested for COVID-19 before travel may schedule an appointment with the Protect Purdue Health Center.
- PCR tests for travel: Anyone needing a PCR test for travel may schedule a test by calling PPHC at 765-496-4636 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Please alert PPHC staff that you need a PCR test when scheduling AND when arriving at the testing center. Results from on-campus PCR tests are typically returned within approximately 48-72 hours.
- Rapid antigen tests: Those wishing to schedule a rapid test may use this link to schedule online. Results from rapid tests are available within 30 minutes.
COVID-19 booster shots
- All members of the Purdue community age 18+ who meet basic eligibility criteria are qualified to receive a free COVID-19 booster shot at the campus vaccine clinic.
- Ample appointments are available, and all eligible Boilermakers are strongly encouraged to take advantage before departing campus at the end of the semester.
- Make an appointment for a booster shot.
- Winter commencement ceremonies are Dec. 18-19, 2021.
- In line with university masking protocols, masks are required for all guests and candidates during the ceremonies, regardless of vaccination status.
- Visitors to campus should be aware of all COVID-19 campus visitor guidance.
- All Boilermakers are reminded of the need to continue practicing good COVID-19 safety measures while away from campus, including staying away from others when ill and reporting any symptoms of or exposure to COVID-19 to the Protect Purdue Health Center right away.
COVID-19 testing and other PPHC services through year-end
- The Protect Purdue Health Center testing site and vaccine clinic will operate with modified hours during the holidays and over winter break. View full hours on the Protect Purdue website.
- PPHC staff continue to be available by phone 24/7 at 765-496-4636 or toll-free at 1-833-571-1043. If you are facing a medical emergency, please call 911 or seek care at a local Emergency Department.
- On campus isolation and quarantine housing will continue to be available to those who need it during the Thanksgiving and winter breaks.