Faculty, staff and students must upload flu vaccination documentation this fall
Updated Sept. 20, 2020
Faculty, staff and students now have a way to submit documentation that they have obtained the required influenza vaccine. Proof of the flu shot from a medical provider is required, so all employees and students will need to scan or photograph their documentation to submit via the following channels:
- Benefits-eligible faculty and staff will upload documentation through the Healthy Boiler Portal. Instructions on submitting the documentation are available in a Quick Reference Guide.
- Employees who are not in benefits-eligible positions should send their documentation to HR using this secure HR Help form, along with their name and PUID number.
- Students should upload their documentation to the Student Health Center portal.
Members of the campus community required to obtain a flu shot between Sept. 1 and Oct. 31 are:
- Students who opted for on-campus instruction this fall.
- Students who opted for online instruction this fall and plan to switch to on-campus instruction in the spring.
- All faculty and staff, regardless of where they are working from at the time.
Those who are working and/or taking classes remotely this fall do not have to come to campus for their vaccine and can use their health care provider or community pharmacy if they choose.
A schedule of campus flu shot events has been released, including information on parking and required identification and insurance information to bring when receiving your flu shot. Frequently asked questions about the flu vaccination requirement are also available.
Employees who are unable to get the vaccine due to a medical condition or religious reason will need to complete the Purdue University influenza declination form. Benefits-eligible faculty and staff must upload the declination form into the Healthy Boiler Portal, and those who are not in benefits-eligible positions should send their documentation to HR using this secure HR Help form, along with their name and PUID number. Students may upload the declination form to the Student Health Center portal.