Fall 2021 pre-arrival information for Purdue students
We look forward to seeing you on campus for the fall semester at Purdue within the next few weeks. Before you depart for campus, you must complete the requirements necessary for a smooth start to the fall 2021 semester on the West Lafayette campus.
Specifically, students contracted with University Residences or living in a Fraternity/Sorority/Cooperative Life facility who arrive without completing these actions will result in delays in your move-in time or day. If you are unable to move in at your scheduled time, you will be responsible for securing any alternative accommodations until you can obtain the necessary health and safety clearance to move in.
Confirm Your Ability to Log in
- Prior to starting your trip to Purdue, confirm you are able to log in to key Purdue systems like BrightSpace and your myPurdue portal on the mobile device you will be using during move-in and classes.
- If you run into problems, try one of the below resources:
- New to Purdue IT guide
- BoilerKey: Two-Factor Authentication
- Contact IT at Purdue (ITaP) 24/7: 765-494-4000 or firstname.lastname@example.org
COVID-19 Vaccination or Test
- All students contracted with University Residences or living in a Fraternity/Sorority/Cooperative Life facility must provide one of the following forms of documentation.
- A CDC completed vaccine card (or other international documentation for WHO-approved COVID-19 vaccines – see a list of approved vaccines) demonstrating that the individual is fully vaccinated (defined as having received the final dose of the vaccine at least two weeks before arriving on campus).
- A negative COVID-19 diagnostic test (either PCR or rapid antigen) taken within five days prior to moving in. The test should be performed prior to arrival by a licensed healthcare provider/laboratory. Note, COVID-19 antibody tests will NOT be accepted.
- A positive COVID-19 test result more than 14 but less than 90 days before arriving on campus.
How to provide your documentation?
If arrival will be prior to August 5, you should bring proof of your documentation with you; CDC completed vaccine card or COVID-19 diagnostic test results.
For those arriving on or after August 5, you are required to submit your documentation online. Submission must be completed at least 3 business days prior to your scheduled move-in date.
- COVID-19 Vaccination: How to submit your documentation and more on vaccines can be found here.
- COVID-19 diagnostic test results: Beginning July 31, you can upload your COVID-19 test result to the BrightSpace course named University Residences and FSCL Pre-Arrival COVID Test (find the course listed by clicking “All” under “My Courses”).
Tested Positive for COVID-19 in the last 14 days?
Upload your test result to the BrightSpace course named University Residences and FSCL Pre-Arrival COVID Test (find the course listed by clicking “All” under “My Courses”) and call PPHC (765-496-4636) — select the Protect Purdue Health Center from the main menu and listen for the option to speak with a nurse case manager. The case manager will give you instructions on completing an isolation protocol and your timeline for when you will be allowed to move in.
- Students NOT IN University Residences or a Fraternity/Sorority/Cooperative Life facility will not need to be tested for COVID-19 before arriving.
- Reinforcing the need for all Purdue students to take personal responsibility to protect themselves, others and the community, the key to upholding the Protect Purdue Pledge going forward will be choosing to be vaccinated and submitting valid proof by August 13 OR taking part in routine surveillance testing, which will begin on August 23 and could be as frequent as weekly.
- Students arriving from international locations should reference Purdue’s Summer and Fall 2021 Arriving from Outside the U.S. protocols.
Fall 2021 Protect Purdue Checklist
- Starting July 31, you will have access to see and complete the Fall 2021 Protect Purdue Checklist items found in the myPurdue portal.
- Complete the Health and Safety training, update your address while enrolled, and provide Purdue with a primary student phone number you can be reached for contact tracing purposes.
- If you are contracted with University Residences or living in a Fraternity/Sorority/Cooperative Life facility, confirm you see a checkmark next to the checklist item Cleared to Move into University Residence, Fraternity, Sorority or Cooperative Life Facility. Only students with a checkmark will be allowed to move in during their scheduled move-in window.
- No checkmark? Confirm that you have completed one of the items listed above in #2 COVID-19 Test or Vaccination. It can take up to 3 business days for the checkmark to appear. We highly recommend submitting all documentation as early as possible consistent with the above timelines.
- You should be prepared to show your myPurdue portal on your mobile device when you arrive. This is required to confirm you are cleared to move in.
With the state of COVID-19 constantly evolving, all members of your party should have and be prepared to wear a mask wherever required during your time on campus. You can read Purdue’s full mask policy, which is subject to change at any time, online.