Protect Purdue, Biodesix seek participants for study of similarities between immune responses to COVID-19 virus, current vaccinations
Purdue University students, faculty and staff are invited to participate in a clinical study offered by the Protect Purdue Health Center (PPHC) and Biodesix to help identify similarities in immune responses to SARS-CoV-2 and current COVID-19 immunizations.
Participants will be asked to donate two vials of blood. Samples will be taken anytime from 7 a.m. to 4 p.m. April 26, 27 and 28 at the Protect Purdue Health Center Testing Site in the France A. Córdova Recreational Sports Center.
Eligible donors must be 18 years of age or older and either have been:
- Previously vaccinated for COVID-19, but never infected with COVID-19; or
- Previously infected with COVID-19, but never vaccinated for COVID-19; or
- Previously infected with COVID-19 and previously vaccinated for COVID-19.
Those interested and eligible should follow this LINK to register and review the informed consent form that describes the study in more detail. Participants will be asked to sign the consent document in the presence of research study staff when arriving for the scheduled blood-sample collection appointment. Research participants will receive a $25 stipend as compensation for their time.
As part of the COVID-19 research study, participants will receive results for the following tests:
- Platelia SARS-CoV-2 Total Antibody test.
- cPassTM SARS-CoV-2 Neutralization test.
- Quantiferon (RUO) T-cell test.