Spring 2021 visitor guidelines
Last reviewed Jan. 27, 2021
The following guidelines for campus visitors — currently in effect — remain in effect until further notice, are part of the Protect Purdue Plan, and were developed to help ensure the health and safety of the campus community. It is important to note that these guidelines may be modified as the COVID-19 situation and corresponding federal, state and local guidance continues to evolve. These policies for the spring semester are in place until further notice, but will be reviewed regularly.
- The university urges all colleges, divisions, schools, departments and other organizational units to delay or cancel any invited visitors through the spring 2021 semester.
- Colleges, divisions and academic and research units who believe invited visitors cannot be delayed or canceled are responsible for ensuring that any visitor sponsored by the unit is fully aware of and completely adheres to the Protect Purdue Plan’s health and safety guidelines in place on campus at the time of their visit. Any documented non-compliance will result in cancellation of the visit. Approval for such visits is at the Unit Leader level (Dean, Vice Provost, etc.).
- The Division of Enrollment Management may hold admissions programs and tours on campus during the spring 2021 semester. These programs and tours will be carefully planned to ensure compliance with all campus health and safety guidelines.
- The university recognizes that its campus is open to the general public and it is foreseeable that a number of individuals will visit our campus who do not fall into one of the above categories. The university’s responsibility to general visitors to campus is to clearly communicate the health and safety guidelines through the university’s web presence, social media and physical signage. Disposable face coverings will be available at strategic locations on campus and signs will direct visitors to locations where face coverings and campus safety guidance is available.
- Visitors who are observed acting contrary to university health and safety guidelines can be reported to the campus police department and reminded that their presence on campus is subject to campus health and safety rules.
- Visitors affiliated with specific research programs must follow the guidelines and checklist for Research-Related Visits to On-Campus Buildings or Facilities.
NOTE: Attendees at any Intercollegiate Athletics events will follow NCAA and conference rules and guidelines.