Spring departure testing, surveillance testing and other guidance for students and employees
As we approach the end of the spring semester, Purdue is committed to helping students return home safely and offers the following end-of-semester guidance for all Boilermakers:
Spring surveillance testing
- Student surveillance testing concluded Friday, April 23.
- Employee random surveillance testing will conclude Saturday, May 8.
- Weekly testing of critical on-campus employees (including police, fire, medical, utility operators and others) will continue until further notice.
- For anyone who wishes to be tested for COVID-19 before departing campus, the Protect Purdue Health Center will offer expanded capacity for testing April 26-May 9.
- Schedule a test here.
- PPHC testing is conducted using PCR viral tests. Results from on-campus testing are typically returned within approximately 48-72 hours.
- Information and procedures for students moving out of University Residences is available here.
- In-person commencement will return in May 2021; Spring ’21 commencement for undergraduate, Graduate School master’s and professional candidates will be held at Ross-Ade Stadium on May 15; a ceremony for doctoral candidates will be held in Elliott Hall of Music on May 16.
- Special commencement week event and visitor guidelines will be in effect May 10-16 only.
- All Boilermakers are strongly encouraged to receive the COVID-19 vaccine as part of their continued commitment to protect themselves, protect others and protect Purdue.
- Purdue’s campus vaccine site is open 7 days per week to vaccinate as many students and employees as possible before the end of the spring semester.
- Eligibility at the campus site has been expanded to include spouses and dependents (16+) affiliated with the West Lafayette campus and official Purdue retirees.
- Additional information on the COVID-19 vaccine, Purdue’s campus vaccine site and answers to frequently asked questions are available on the Protect Purdue website.
- Already fully vaccinated? Submit documentation to PPHC.
Summer COVID-19 testing
- Summer surveillance testing protocols for students and employees will be evaluated and communicated prior to May 8.
- Symptomatic testing will continue to be offered by PPHC until further notice. Information on how to schedule a test is available online.