Are students arriving from outside the U.S. required to quarantine and/or be tested for COVID-19? If Ii am vaccinated against COVID-19, do I still have to quarantine and test?
Summer 2021 Protocols for Students Arriving From International Locations
Effective May 10, 2021 — Please note that these protocols are subject to change
For students who are fully vaccinated with an approved vaccine
- Submit documentation of your vaccination to PPHC here.
- You will need to be tested for COVID-19 3-5 days after arrival in the U.S.
- No self-quarantine protocol is required, but you must report any COVID-19 symptoms to PPHC if they arise.
- You must email firstname.lastname@example.org to ensure appropriate vaccination documentation is on-file and to schedule a COVID-19 test with PPHC.
These vaccines have FDA EUA approval and/or are WHO-approved.
|ChAdOx1||Azd1222||AstraZeneca; MFDS Korea|
|ChAdOx1||Covishield (ChAdOx1_nCoV-19)||Serum Institute India|
|Inactivated virus/aluminum adjuvant||Sinopharm||Beijing Bio-Institute of Biological Products Co Ltd|
|Inactivated virus/aluminum adjuvant||CoronaVac (formerly PiCoVacc)||Sinovac Biotech|
For students who are not fully vaccinated
- You will need to self-quarantine for 7 days after arrival in the U.S. and be tested for COVID-19 3-5 days after arrival (regardless of the outcome of the test, you will need to complete the full 7-day self-quarantine).
- A limited amount of self-quarantine space will be available on campus at no charge. Students who self-quarantine elsewhere will be responsible for all lodging expenses.
- Email PPHC at email@example.com to make self-quarantine and COVID-19 testing arrangements.
- Note: Purdue intends to provide the COVID-19 vaccine to unvaccinated students upon arrival, if desired. PPHC will help you make vaccination arrangements.