Do I need to be tested for COVID-19 before the start of my classes/program?
Students living in University Residences this summer
- Students who currently live in University Residences are not required to complete further testing and can move from their current housing assignment to their new housing assignment when eligible to do so.
- However, if you decide to depart from campus prior to checking into your summer housing assignment, you will need to follow the same arrival process of a new or summer academic program resident outlined in the following section.
New or summer academic program only residents
All individuals who are not currently living in University Residences must show one of the following forms of documentation upon arrival to campus:
- A negative COVID-19 test taken within three days prior to moving into the residence hall. These tests may be performed prior to arrival by a licensed healthcare provider/laboratory, or you can be tested upon arrival on campus (details below).
- A CDC completed vaccine card demonstrating that the individual is fully vaccinated (defined as two weeks after completing the vaccine schedule).
- A positive COVID-19 test result within the preceding 90 days. Due to technical aspects of the COVID-19 PCR-based tests, the CDC has recommended that anyone who has tested positive for COVID-19 refrain from taking another test for 90 days from the first positive test. All residents must be asymptomatic prior to initiating the check-in process.
If showing one of the above pieces of documentation is not possible, you will be required to take a rapid test. You must report for a rapid test at the France A. Córdova Recreational Sports Center (Co-Rec) from 7 a.m.-4 p.m. Monday through Friday and 8 a.m.-noon Saturday and Sunday, and receive a negative result prior to moving in.
If you are unable show one of the forms of documentation listed above and fail to report for your rapid test, you will not be permitted to move in to the residence halls.
Students living off-campus this summer
You do not need to be tested for COVID-19 prior to beginning your programming.