Will the CoRec be open? Will there be intramural sports/events on campus?
RecWell looks forward to welcoming students, faculty/staff into the CoRec when our safety protocols are fully Implemented. We know that taking care of your physical and mental health is critically important. We plan to open CoRec facilities, operations and programs conservatively and expand as conditions allow. To reopen safely, we have prioritized physical distancing and de-densification, while also enhancing our high standards of health, safety and cleanliness. This plan is subject to change based on university guidance, the CDC and other new developments with COVID research.
- Facilities and fitness equipment will be redesigned to meet physical distancing guidelines
- Fitness and Wellness programs will take place in-person when possible and/or continue virtually.
- 1 on 1: Badminton, pickleball, table tennis and tennis with personal equipment
- Lounge and study spaces
Paused Temporarily – (The following will be unavailable until university guidelines permit)
- Open Recreation – Sports that do not allow for physical distancing of 6 ft. (basketball, volleyball, soccer and racquetball, etc.)
- Intramural Sports – Team sports where physical distancing cannot be maintained
- Club Sports – Currently under review
- Climbing, Bouldering & Outdoor Challenge Course
- Equipment Rental Checkout